At Housen Homecare, we know that hiring the best caregivers is the first step in providing quality homecare. Because the safety and security of you and your loved one are paramount to us, we employ a very strict screening process to ensure that we place the most qualified homecare professionals in your home. To do this, we meticulously screen each applicant for honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, and the proper skill sets.
Our screening process includes:
• Background Investigations: Candidates seeking employment with Housen Homecare undergo a thorough background investigation, including: a criminal background check, employment and work history verification and professional and personal reference checks.
• Drug Testing: Candidates are tested to detect the use of illegal drugs. In addition, Our employees are tested to detect the use of illegal substances on an ongoing basis.
• Credentials Verifications: Our human resources team verifies the educational level, licensing and certifications of each caregiver and healthcare provider seeking to be on our team. During the application process, we review the official college transcripts of our nurses and certified aides, and we verify the status of their first-aid certifications.
• E-Verify: Housen Homecare is a participant in the Department of Homeland Security U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify program. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine employees’ eligibility to work in the United States. E-Verify allows us to ensure that we are maintaining a legal workforce.
• Physical Examinations: To ensure that our homecare providers can adequately perform the required duties and functions of the homecare role, all applicants are required to submit the results of a physical examination performed by a board-certified physician.
• Ongoing Monitoring: Because an individual’s legal status can change, we review employees’ backgrounds each year to verify that there are no changes in their legal background and visa status if they are working on an employment visa. This helps us ensure that we are maintaining a high quality and legal workforce over time.